Ultrarunning camp – Jason Koop
Join CTS Premiere Coach, author and Ultrarunning Magazine contributor Jason Koop in Colorado Springs, CO for an informative and challenging trail running camp that you will not forget. ALL ABILITIES of runners are welcome! Colorado Springs makes an ideal location for high altitude running in the early season due to its terrain, weather and location. This camp is a great opportunity for any trail runner to get the season started on the right foot. Learn efficient downhill techniques as well as how to craft your personalized ultramarathon nutrition plan.
- You will learn from the best coaches in the industry on how to maximize your training for any upcoming race
- Learn efficient techniques for uphill, downhill and technical terrain running
- Learn nutritional strategies you can use on race day
- Pack in the miles and vertical gain during the camp. You will leave tired, but ultimately stronger for your goals
- Professional instruction from Jason Koop and other CTS coaches
- Complete on-run nutritional support
- Individualized race nutrition plan
- Sore quads by the end of the camp
Day 1: 8:00 AM- Meet at Cheyenne Mountain High School. 3-4 hour Endurance Run. ~3000 feet of elevation gain
- Skill focus- downhill technique and drills
This run will be a technique focused run where our coaches will lead the runners through several downhill efficiency drills aimed at making runners safe and effective downhill runners. There will be 3 different routes to ensure all runners run for 3-4 hours.
5:00 PM- Nutrition lecture- How to create your ultramarathon nutrition plan by Jason Koop
Location- Cheyenne Mountain High School
Day 2: 8:00 AM- Meet at Cheyenne Mountain High School.
- 4-5 hour Endurance Run. ~4000 feet of elevation gain.
- Skill Focus- During run nutrition and hydration
This run will take runners into the Cheyenne Cañon area and will be focused on creating your race day nutrition plan. There will be three different routes to ensure all runners run for 4-5 hours.
Image by Cheryl Zelenka
Jason KoopCoach, author, speaker, podcaster
Jason Koop is Head Coach Ultrarunning at CTS. He has been coaching several athletes to elite level, and Jason is an accomplished runner himself.
Ultramarathons are not just longer marathons, and you can’t train for them by simply doing more running. Ultrarunning presents unique training and nutrition challenges and requires a totally new approach to preparation.
Jason has based his proven program and guidance on sound sports science, the most current research, and years of experience, and he has coached the sport’s star runners to podium performances.
He did an incredible job helping Dean Karnazes to complete his challenge to run 50 marathons in 50 states. His training approach includes all aspects of life and for him coaching is a two-way street, where he gets inspired as much by his athletes like the other way around.
More info: https://trainright.com