Freedom Run – Julius Achon
Julius was taken from his home at the age of 11 and forced to become a child soldier. He overcame challenges that no child should face.
Julius managed to escape and run 78 kilometers back to his home village in Awake from the regional capital of Lira.
After making two Olympic games and building a life in America, Julius returned to Uganda to help his communities who were suffering as a result of war.
In November 2020 people could run with Julius and follow in his footsteps along the same 78K route to freedom, while doing good for his Love Mercy Foundation and seeing the impact of their fundraising!
– 10 days of adventure travel in November
– Visit the amazing Cents for Seeds villages that are transforming communities in Uganda
– Partner with our friends at Nike and assist at the Annual Julius Achon Cross Country race for 5,000 primary school students
– The chance to run and train with an Olympic athlete in remote rural Uganda
– Experience the beautiful of the wilderness and majestic Nile River on safari
People could also choose to compete in the Kampala Marathon 10km 21km or 42km events!
Image by Toni Etyang