Wild Running Retreats
Join owners and guides, Katharine and David, both passionate runners, ecologists and environmentalists in their Auchgoyle Farm truly Wild Running Retreats!
Our mission is to show you the beautiful trails that radiate from our farm over hills, along Argyll’s secret coast and through ancient woodlands. We’ll discover wildlife and hidden habitats as we run.
Everything about our retreats strive to respect our amazing natural world. Our accommodation is eco-friendly and our organic, regenerative farm is managed to restore ecosystems and wildlife. Our wholesome food is homemade organic and local wherever possible. So come, run, relax, and unwind on a truly wild and sustainable running holiday!
WILD RUNNING RETREAT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Small running groups (max 6 people)
- Afternoon relaxation with yoga, streamside sauna indulgence, reading….
- 3 nights’ luxury eco-friendly accommodation with private room & communal living areas in our farmhouse or timber-framed eco-lodge (all linen & shower/bath towels provided)
- Breakfast, lunch & supper on Friday & Saturday; breakfast & lunch on Sunday. Also tea, coffee, infusions & healthy snacks- you will not go hungry!
- Your guides & owners are adventurers and experienced distance runners (first in world to have run the length of South America)
- We’re here for you, offering a truly friendly retreat; whether you’re on your own or with a friend
- Hear a presentation about our world first run for wildlife & wilderness
- Optional barefoot running tips and barefoot field run
- Be a part of Auchgoyle Farm rewilding & plant your own tree
- 10% off the Wild Running Retreats fee when you reach us by public transport!
- Free signed and dedicated ‘Running South America’ book
- We donate 5% of your retreat fee to a wildlife charity
- Sustainable and environmentally-friendly retreat
Thurs 9 Nov – Sun 12 Nov – mixed retreat
Thurs 7 Dec – Sun 10 Dec – female only retreat
Thurs 25 Jan- Sun 28 Jan- mixed beginner’s* retreat
Thurs 15 Feb- Sun 18 Feb- female only beginner’s* retreat
Thurs 29 Feb- Sun 3 March- mixed retreat
Thurs 14 March – Sunday 17 March- female only retreat
Thurs 28 April- Saturday 31 April- female only retreat
*Beginner’s retreat for runners getting back into running, with a mix of running and walking up to five miles a day.
Please contact us if you have a group of friends and would like to create your own bespoke retreat.