Training Essentials for Ultrarunning: How to Train Smarter, Race Faster, and Maximize Your Ultramarathon Performance
In his book Training Essentials for Ultrarunning Jason Koops guides you how to train smarter, race faster and maximize our ultra performance.
Ultramarathons are not just longer marathons, and you can’t train for them by simply doing more running. Ultrarunning presents unique training and nutrition challenges and requires a totally new approach to preparation.
Training Essentials for Ultrarunning is your best guide to preparing for ultramarathon. Unlike so many “it worked for me” training books, Coach Jason Koop’s proven program and guidance are based on sound sports science, the most current research, and years of experience coaching the sport’s star runners to podium performances. You’ll Gain:
- The science behind maximizing ultramarathon performance.
- Common ultramarathon failure points, and how to fix them.
- How to use interval training to focus workload, make bigger improvements, reduce injury risk, and race faster and smarter.
- Simple and effective fueling and hydration strategies.
- The A.D.A.P.T. method of working through a race day crisis.
- How to plan your season for ultimate success.
- Course-by-course coaching guide to North American Ultras
- How to boost your chances of reaching your goal, whether that’s finishing or winning!
Connect with Trail Runners Connection
We focus on products and services that contribute to a healthier, happier planet.